The brief for my chosen piece
I started my Unit 2 piece by brainstorming ideas to do with the given adjectives “covert” and “hidden”. I was interested in “secrets” because I thought I could do the best out of this word. Because I've done a magazine cover and a film poster before I decided to create a digipak. I then had to decide whether I want to come up with a name for an album or to make one for a band that already exists. One of my favourite band is “One Republic” and because they already had a song called “secrets” I chose to do an album for them. I went to Wales and took some nice pictures of the countryside and I decided to use them for my digipak. I did experimentations with colour, photography and drawings to get to my final piece.
A piece that has been influenced by an artist/designer
One piece I did was influenced by another artist because I copied his work and did an emulation for it. I had to use watercolour for that so I learned how to use a brush properly and how to mix colours to get the right colour. I then scanned it and edited it with Photoshop. Because I didn’t draw the whole piece but every piece separately I had to resize the different parts and combine them.
A piece where I have experimented with different processes
I have experimented on one piece with different processes was my final piece. One night me and my friend went outside and tried to do light painting with a torch which in my opinion went quite well, even though it was the first time we did such a thing like that. We drew the whole alphabet and made a section of it. We also experimented with our faces, how the torch effects our body when taking pictures of our selves. The other process I used for my final piece was photography. The pictures I took looked really nice with the font of the light painting so I decided to use it instead of a computer or handwritten font.
A piece that I refined over time
One of my pieces I did completely new was one of my emulations. I really didn’t like my work so I decided that I have to start again. I used a different process than before by using water colour instead of colouring in photoshop. I did all my drawings again, so my emulation looked better and more handmade.
My final piece
My final piece was a digipak for the band “One Republic” with six panels. I was looking at the album “pulselite” by Sheryl Crow, because I wanted to include light painting on my digi pak. I did each letter twice by using a torch so I could decide which letter I want to use for my words. I think the light painting in combination with the photography went well because the pictures I used are black and white so the light painting gives the album the needed “colour” and it makes a nice effect on the whole album. If I would do the piece again, I would probably change the inside of the cover slightly and wouldn’t write as many song texts of the album as I did, but some of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment